- Links to Other Sites
- The Federation
of British Historic Vehicle Clubs
- The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs is a grouping of some
370 Clubs and Museums together with over 1500 Trade and Individual Supporters.
- The aim of the Federation is to uphold the freedom to use old vehicles
on the roads without any undue restriction and to support its member organisations
in whatever way it can.
- The Old
- The Old Bus Garage houses a number of web pages relating to vintage
buses, divided into separate groups. Just knock on the bus or doorway or
bus of your choice, or use the links below to navigate to the pages.
- The Classic Buses Website
- This site by Dick Gilbert has lots of bus information and photos, also
on this site is a page dedicated to Dennis Lancets operated by Aldershot
& District Traction Company Ltd. in Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex
both before and after the second world war.Biographies of Aldershot & District Dennis Lancets.
also see East Kent Dennis Lancets. This page is a profile
of the extensive fleet of Dennis Lancet single-decker buses and coaches
that East Kent operated.
- The National Association of Road Transport Museums (NARTM) is an informal
organisation of over 60 museums and collections, formed in August 1981.
- Alexander Dennis is the world's leading manufacturer of double deck
buses and low floor, easy access, midi and single deck vehicles
- 'Toastrack' (CC 8671)
- The 'Toastrack' is a 1929 vintage Dennis bus owned by the Southampton University Engineering Society (SUES) since 1958 and driven and maintained by students and staff of the university. It still sees regular use and you can even book it for your event.
- Sydney Bus Museum
- Sydney Bus Museum. The museum is located in Sydney's only surviving intact tram depot at Tempe. See Australia's biggest collection of historic buses and transport treasures.
- Middlesbrough Corporation No.99
- The 500 Group was formed in 1989 for people who have an interest in
the buses and operations of Cleveland Transit and its predecessors This
page has a brief history of Middlesbrough Corporation No.99 a Dennis Loline.
This page is part of The 500 Group was formed in 1989 for people who
have an interest in the buses and operations of Cleveland Transit and its
- Aldershot &
District Bus Interest Group
Aldershot & District Traction Co. Ltd was the company that ran buses
from 1912 up to 1971 the site also covers the Alder Valley company from 1972 to 1992.
& District Omnibuses Rescue & Restoration Society The Society
was formed in 1996 to save two 1928 former Aldershot and District Dennis
E buses from a field at Four Marks, Hampshire.
- Friends of King
- Friends of King Alfred Buses (FoKAB) Preserving King Alfred Buses &
Coaches and the memory of King Alfred Motor Services that operated from
1920 to 1973 in Winchester and central Hampshire.
- The Bus Station
This is a departure point for bus-related links for the UK and all over the world.
Dennis Fire Engines in preservation
This site has lists and photos of Dennis Fire Engines in preservation, also has some download of Dennis Handbooks, Instruction Books and more
British Lawnmower Museum
This Museum has now become one of the Worlds leading authorities on vintage lawnmowers and are now specialists in antique garden machinery
The Old Lawnmower Club
The Old Lawnmower Club was formed in 1990 to promote the collection, preservation and display of lawn mowers made from 1830 onwards. We have more than 500 members around the world.
A History of Dennis Mowers
A history of Dennis mowers, also on this site
you can see the newer mowers with the Dennis bage
The PSV CIRCLE was formed nearly sixty years ago with the aim of ensuring
the membership is provided with accurate and up to date information
Local Transport History
A very good site for historians as it's Fleet Listings also have brief
histories. A section contains general histories about the development of
various modes of road transport. A section on history of UK chassis and
body makers and Short biographies of some of the pioneers of road transport
- Dennis Specialist Vehicles
Dennis Specialist Vehicles, this page is on the Surrey History Centre website
and gives an outline of the history of Dennis Bros. Ltd
Vehicle licensing Online
From this page you can "Apply for a tax disc", "Declare
SORN", "Vehicle Enquiry" and more
- Back to Index
- © Copyright by Dennis Society, All